Monday, November 23, 2009

Family and memories we have shared!



Popo and Miss Layla

Saturday, Kenneth and I ran down to Victoria and spent the day with Chris and Kimberly. Chris cooked a wonderful brisket out on the grill and Kimberly and I fixed all of the sides. Chris will be gone for Thanksgiving so it was an early non turkey dinner. They invited a bunch of his family who were in town so we had a great time. We took the nursery furniture down for them and got it all set up in the nursery. I started the bedding so Kimberly was able to see what the baby quilt would look like. She seemed to like it, I hope so. Chris and Marshall went to the car races with his dad and brother on Sunday, so Kenneth and I spent most of the day with Kimberly. We came back about 5:30 pm and I went to see Honey. She seems to be doing ok, we tried to call Jim, my brother, to wish him a Happy 66th Birthday, no answer, so we will try again today. Ethan and Paige came over to spend the night Sunday and all day Monday with Kenneth and I. Michele has class today and the kids were out of school so we get to have them. We are expecting Melissa, Richard and Layla in sometime Wed. and probably Kimberly and Marshall, as well. Richard's brother and sister and their families are coming in from Oklahoma for a long overdue reunion with their dad. I hope that this visit goes well and will be the first of many. I know how hard these holidays will be for all of the kids with Medea gone and it is good that they are reconnecting with Big Rich. Kimberly and Marshall will have Thanksgiving Day with Kenneth and I. Brad and Michele chose to have their Thanksgiving at home as a family. I hope that everyone has a wonderful day no matter where they spend the day and that we all take the time to be thankful for all of out many blessings and to remember those who have passed and all of the wonderful Thanksgivings we had with them. As I reflect on what I can remember of the last 60 years, I have so much to be thankful for and am looking forward to the next 30 or so years to watch the rest of my family grow and make memories of their own. I love all of you dearly and wish each of you a wonderful Thanksgiving .

My 60th Birthday, Thanks All!
Markey, Morgan and Justin Christian, Ethan and Paige in New Mexico,

3 comments:

  1. Great pics! We definitely will miss Medina this year, but we cherish the loved ones we still have here to celebrate with us! Looking forward to seeing you all soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because you are so fabulous and doing a great job on your blog...I have nominated you for The Fabulous Sugar Doll Blogger Award.

    http://melifaif.blogspot.com/2009/11/fabulous-sugar-doll-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad we are here with you!!!!

    ReplyDelete