Thursday, August 20, 2009

enjoying what life throws at you!

I recently met a couple at the Assisted Living home where Honey now resides, Elsie and Loren Freeby. I met them on Aug. 3, a few days before I left to go to Layla's birthday party in Houston. During our initial conversation, Mr. Freeby told me he would celebrate his 93 birthday on Aug. 5 and that they had been married 71 years! I jokingly laughed and said Ken and I couldn't live long enough to be married 71 years. Mrs. Freeby had a stroke on the morning of Aug.5, his birthday, and died this past Tuesday night. I just knew he would be absolutely devastated, and went to see him as soon as I heard the news. He said, very calmly, we have had so many great years and have loved each other for so long, it's OK. I just don't want her to suffer. The good Lord in all of his infinite wisdom, made sure she did not. Please include these incredible people in your prayers. She will be buried Saturday morning and has made her final trip home! God Bless You, Elsie. My words of wisdom...enjoy each day, because we never know when it will be our last. Never forget to tell those who are important to you, you love them. We all should continue to strive for more, but don't forget to enjoy what we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment