Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Here's Addison ( or soon will be!)

What a great week-end I had! I got to go down to Victoria and spend some time with Kimberly. We painted the nursery and began stripping down the rocking chair that will be in Addison's room. In case any of you haven't heard...Kimberly is having a little girl in Feb. and she is going to be named Addison Mae Purdy. Kimberly and Chris picked this name because they liked the name Addison and Mae because it is honoring not only Kim's grandmother "Honey" whose real name is Johnnie Mae but also Chris's grandmother whose name was also Mae. Unbeknownst to Kimberly, her great-grandmother's name was Addie Mae. Shortly after Kimberly and Chris decided on a name, my cousin called and offered me Mama Addie's old spider rocker. So, the reason for this whole story is that Addison Mae will have Addie Mae's 75+ year old rocker to help put her to sleep at night. Life goes on! Many thanks to my cousin for sharing this piece of my grandparents heritage with me. Sidenote...my cousin had no idea that Kimberly was pregnant much less considering the name Addison Mae...this was just a wonderful coincidence of timing!



We have now embarked on the next decorating journey. We have ordered the bumper pads from a friend of Melissa's ( she does beautiful custom baby bedding, check out her website here) and I am making the rest of the bedding ensemble. Her color scheme is sage green, pink, brown and cream. It is beautiful together. If you would like to see the combination, check it out . The best part of this beautiful nursery will be the beautiful little Addison Mae that will complete it. Can't wait till February! Till we meet again... God Bless and have a grat day!

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you and your link mom! Way to go blogging! The nursery will be divine!

    ReplyDelete